The most important points in brief:
- Successful website texts: Inform, persuade, and optimize for search engines.
- Quality and authenticity: Master user-friendliness and SEO without neglecting content quality.
- Creating web text: Clear structure, added value, natural keywords, use calls to action.
- Mobile optimization and linking: Optimize for mobile devices, use meaningful internal/external links.
10 things to keep in mind when crafting website content:
- Define your target audience: Understand who you’re writing for. Your content should address their needs and questions.
- Clarity and structure: A well-structured text with headings, paragraphs, and lists enhances readability and user experience.
- Valuable content: Provide added value to your readers. Answers, tips, or solutions are always appreciated.
- Natural keyword integration: Choose relevant keywords and integrate them into the text naturally and without exaggeration.
- Call to actions (CTAs): Motivate the reader to take a specific action, whether it’s a purchase, contact, or sign-up.
- Originality: Avoid duplicates and offer unique content that stands out from the competition.
- Mobile optimization: Keep in mind that many users access websites via mobile devices. Short paragraphs and clear formatting are especially important here.
- Internal and external linking: Use meaningful links to other relevant content on your site or to trustworthy external sources.
- Currency: Keep your content up-to-date and revise it as needed. Outdated information can erode your visitors’ trust.
- Seek feedback: Have your text reviewed by colleagues or acquaintances before publishing. Outsiders often spot ambiguities or errors that you might have missed.
By following these tips, you’ll not only succeed with search engines but also resonate with your website visitors. A well-crafted web text can make a difference and significantly strengthen your online presence.